Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? 00:15 - Sep 20 with 2063 viewsdirk_doone

N/T

Poll: Would you like a home 'kop' at St. Mary's directly behind one of the goals?

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 22:18 - Sep 20 with 750 viewsBison

Sheffield
Cheltenham during the Festival week if you into racing and extreme boozing
Galway , not quite Britain but it's the craziest town I've ever been to in the British Isles.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Should I renew my 2 Season tickets this year or buy a share in a reacehorse ?

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 22:20 - Sep 20 with 745 viewsTheMoog

Bath is a fantastic city- lived there for two years and always love going back.

Standby to standby

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 10:48 - Sep 21 with 669 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 12:52 - Sep 20 by SaintNick

I like you like a good historic town, my favourites are.

Paulsgrove- A working medieval village where witches and paedotricians are still burned at the stake (6pm weekdays, 2pm & 4pm weekends)

Fratton - The land that time forgot, where dinosaurs still roam and the 4th division trophy is regularly paraded on an open top bus every dozen years.

Old Portsmouth - a panorama of our rich naval history and Portsmouths warrior heritage, here you can see pubs in which Portsmouth men were dragged either kicking and screaming or unconscious against their inclination by the Press gang off to fight a war.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I agree, Fratton is rather historic and without doubt the most famous footballing town in the south of England outside London. Obviously, there’s also new football history there as well which makes it even better.

Paulsgrove of course does have a bit of football history being the home of a cup winner, but that was only 1 cup.

Old Portsmouth is of course splendid, and where you can see the hub of the biggest empire in human history. It’s a shame about the press-ganging, but I suppose the town locals had the courage not to ‘trek’ off to the local forest to avoid facing the danger.

On the bus parade, I believe there is another local town that sometimes re-enacts bus parades from 40 years ago with the hilarious Mike Osman providing commentary. That is unique I’d say, but it’s almost as if they are trying to big up something that was originally only a fleeting happening. Hardly worth a visit IMO.

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 11:40 - Sep 21 with 658 viewsthis_charming_man

Such a tough city yet those scummers who run at the mere sight of a Portsmouth man went down there and stole all their food.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Would you rather

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 13:59 - Sep 21 with 623 viewsChesham_Saint

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 07:18 - Sep 20 by saint22

Bristol
London (tho less so nowadays)
St Ives

Rose tinted specs there, 22. Parts of London have always been shitty and probably always will be. But lots of it is great. A far greater city than NYC in my view.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 22:25 - Sep 21 with 530 viewsbloke

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 18:56 - Sep 20 by Occasional_Showers

I get about a lot so probably see more of the country than anyone on here.

In terms of cities i’d go for Bristol, Birmingham and London. Birmingham’s Jewelry quarter is very interesting, particularly https://www.birminghammuseums.org.uk/jewellery aside from that area the city is rubbish though.

As to towns my favourites are Ludlow (good value antiques shops), Haverfordwest (some outstanding Georgian architecture), St Ives

Yep, delivering pizzas as far as Harrogate.
What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 22:27 - Sep 21 with 529 viewsbloke

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 18:56 - Sep 20 by Occasional_Showers

I get about a lot so probably see more of the country than anyone on here.

In terms of cities i’d go for Bristol, Birmingham and London. Birmingham’s Jewelry quarter is very interesting, particularly https://www.birminghammuseums.org.uk/jewellery aside from that area the city is rubbish though.

As to towns my favourites are Ludlow (good value antiques shops), Haverfordwest (some outstanding Georgian architecture), St Ives

Yep, delivering pizzas across th UK.
What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 22:28 - Sep 21 with 527 viewsOccasional_Showers

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 22:27 - Sep 21 by bloke

Yep, delivering pizzas across th UK.

Yes that’s right.

Poll: Greta Thunberg? Your view

Login to get fewer ads

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 03:44 - Sep 22 with 495 viewsitoldyouso

"I get about a lot so probably see more of the country than anyone on here."

Based on no evidence what so ever as usual, from the narcissitic itinerant.

Dune goes where the horse fairs go

Loves saints hates the fascist FLA

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 06:11 - Sep 22 with 481 viewsOccasional_Showers

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 03:44 - Sep 22 by itoldyouso

"I get about a lot so probably see more of the country than anyone on here."

Based on no evidence what so ever as usual, from the narcissitic itinerant.

Dune goes where the horse fairs go

“Goes where the horse fairs go”

Racism against gypsies is ok Is it?

I would suggest you watch a documentary about Auschwitz and learn a little bit about what happened to these people. Just because they live a different life to you doesn’t make them less human and therefore it isn’t acceptable use them as an insult.

The forum awaits your apology.

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 08:39 - Sep 22 with 458 viewsHeisenberg

I don't really do UK cities. Further afield I prefer

Venice - just for an hour or so.
New York - great day out
Cali - maybe a weekend so I can squeeze in a couple of afternoon runs.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 09:50 - Sep 22 with 432 viewsthis_charming_man

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 08:39 - Sep 22 by Heisenberg

I don't really do UK cities. Further afield I prefer

Venice - just for an hour or so.
New York - great day out
Cali - maybe a weekend so I can squeeze in a couple of afternoon runs.

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 09:53 - Sep 22 with 429 viewsSpartansreturn

Portsmouth and Bournemouth
What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 09:56 - Sep 22 with 428 viewsthis_charming_man

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 19:47 - Sep 20 by Occasional_Showers

I’m there on Monday.

Good luck. The world cycling championships are in Harrogate this week, a lot of the roads are closed for parts of the week, at my sons school the kids that travel by car are advised to arrive by 8.30 and can’t be collected until after 5. Traffic is bad at the best of times but it’s going to be awful this week. Im away this weekend and when I get back am away with work for a couple of days so will miss most of it.

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 10:08 - Sep 22 with 414 viewsOccasional_Showers

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 09:56 - Sep 22 by this_charming_man

Good luck. The world cycling championships are in Harrogate this week, a lot of the roads are closed for parts of the week, at my sons school the kids that travel by car are advised to arrive by 8.30 and can’t be collected until after 5. Traffic is bad at the best of times but it’s going to be awful this week. Im away this weekend and when I get back am away with work for a couple of days so will miss most of it.

Now you say that I remember seeing it advertised on the A1 overhead warning signs. I’ve got Knaresborough and somewhere in Harrogate. York too. Oh well shit happens.

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 10:39 - Sep 22 with 380 viewsthis_charming_man

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 10:08 - Sep 22 by Occasional_Showers

Now you say that I remember seeing it advertised on the A1 overhead warning signs. I’ve got Knaresborough and somewhere in Harrogate. York too. Oh well shit happens.

If nothing else you’ll get to be amused by a load of middle aged blokes in Lycra having a midlife crisis

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 11:55 - Sep 22 with 343 viewsitoldyouso

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 06:11 - Sep 22 by Occasional_Showers

“Goes where the horse fairs go”

Racism against gypsies is ok Is it?

I would suggest you watch a documentary about Auschwitz and learn a little bit about what happened to these people. Just because they live a different life to you doesn’t make them less human and therefore it isn’t acceptable use them as an insult.

The forum awaits your apology.

I dont need to watch a documentary on auschwitz you racist cynical ahole I had relatives in Belsen.

Gypsies dont really do horsefairs anyway you thicko thats an irish traveller thing, I suppose they are all the same to you, the forum waits your apology for your previous multiple accounts of racism leading to your bans.

So if you aren't following horse fairs your no fixed abode lifestyle is to avoid what? I think there's a safeguarding issue here

Loves saints hates the fascist FLA

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 16:54 - Sep 22 with 279 viewsOccasional_Showers

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 11:55 - Sep 22 by itoldyouso

I dont need to watch a documentary on auschwitz you racist cynical ahole I had relatives in Belsen.

Gypsies dont really do horsefairs anyway you thicko thats an irish traveller thing, I suppose they are all the same to you, the forum waits your apology for your previous multiple accounts of racism leading to your bans.

So if you aren't following horse fairs your no fixed abode lifestyle is to avoid what? I think there's a safeguarding issue here

You’re a hypocrite, and a bloody thick one at that. Horse fairs are a gypsy institution.

Now apologise for your racism you hypocrite coont.

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 01:08 - Sep 25 with 139 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 10:53 - Sep 20 by BarnetSaint

1. York
2. Canterbury
3. Salisbury.

Great history, great pubs.

With you there BarnetSaint ............. enjoyed our win last evening

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019