Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? 00:15 - Sep 20 with 2051 viewsdirk_doone

N/T

Poll: Would you like a home 'kop' at St. Mary's directly behind one of the goals?

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 06:21 - Sep 20 with 1259 viewsButty101

Bath

Poll: First League Win of the Season

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 07:00 - Sep 20 with 1245 viewsgrumpy

London

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 07:18 - Sep 20 with 1236 viewssaint22

Bristol
London (tho less so nowadays)
St Ives

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 08:21 - Sep 20 with 1203 viewsBLEEDRED

Bristol
Plymouth
Cardiff

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 08:25 - Sep 20 with 1199 viewsthis_charming_man

London
Manchester
Edinburgh

Surprisingly no mention of Liverpool yet

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Would you rather

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 08:59 - Sep 20 with 1180 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Up until about 2 years ago, I'd have said "London" easily as number 1. Not so now.

The only town I like going to now is Lymington. Oh and Harrogate is still nice.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 09:36 - Sep 20 with 1163 viewsthis_charming_man

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 08:59 - Sep 20 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Up until about 2 years ago, I'd have said "London" easily as number 1. Not so now.

The only town I like going to now is Lymington. Oh and Harrogate is still nice.

“Harrogate is nice”

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 09:45 - Sep 20 with 1162 viewsMytchettSaint

London’s a dump.

In no particular order

Bath, Chester, Manchester & Southampton!

I'm not ageing well if I'm honest.

Login to get fewer ads

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 09:48 - Sep 20 with 1159 viewsthis_charming_man

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 09:45 - Sep 20 by MytchettSaint

London’s a dump.

In no particular order

Bath, Chester, Manchester & Southampton!

There are times when London is wonderful

I was in Maddison’s sky bar earlier this year, lovely summers evening views over St. Paul’s and then you realise it’s still a great city. Parts of it are awful now though.

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 09:51 - Sep 20 with 1157 viewssolent_toffee

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 08:25 - Sep 20 by this_charming_man

London
Manchester
Edinburgh

Surprisingly no mention of Liverpool yet

Liverpool is a great city, I appreciate that there is a lot of ill feeling towards it from here, but the fact is it’s a fantastic city and one of the most popular in the country for visitors with loads to see and do.

I’d also go for Manchester, Bristol, London, I was in Birmingham a few months ago and was well impressed. The UK has loads of great places to be fair.
What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 10:38 - Sep 20 with 1122 viewsBicester_North

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 09:48 - Sep 20 by this_charming_man

There are times when London is wonderful

I was in Maddison’s sky bar earlier this year, lovely summers evening views over St. Paul’s and then you realise it’s still a great city. Parts of it are awful now though.

The area around Liverpool St and St Paul’s is easily the best for a day’s drinking although Soho is still decent.

Winchester is pretty good these days.

Poll: How proud are you to see our ex players at Liverpool?

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 10:39 - Sep 20 with 1119 viewsBenali_Saint

Winchester for me

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 10:53 - Sep 20 with 1110 viewsBarnetSaint

1. York
2. Canterbury
3. Salisbury.

Great history, great pubs.

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 10:55 - Sep 20 with 1108 viewskernow

Exeter
Bristol
Liverpool
Glasgow

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 11:55 - Sep 20 with 1073 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

We live in a fine part of the country with interesting and historic towns and cities.

My favourites: in no particular order are:

Petersfield
Chichester
Portsmouth
Wimborne
Bourneouth & Poole
Winchester
Salisbury
Cowes

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 12:41 - Sep 20 with 1048 viewsWints76

Different places for different reasons, and in no particular order:

London
York
Manchester
Liverpool
Bath.
What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 12:52 - Sep 20 with 1043 viewsSaintNick

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 11:55 - Sep 20 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

We live in a fine part of the country with interesting and historic towns and cities.

My favourites: in no particular order are:

Petersfield
Chichester
Portsmouth
Wimborne
Bourneouth & Poole
Winchester
Salisbury
Cowes

I like you like a good historic town, my favourites are.

Paulsgrove- A working medieval village where witches and paedotricians are still burned at the stake (6pm weekdays, 2pm & 4pm weekends)

Fratton - The land that time forgot, where dinosaurs still roam and the 4th division trophy is regularly paraded on an open top bus every dozen years.

Old Portsmouth - a panorama of our rich naval history and Portsmouths warrior heritage, here you can see pubs in which Portsmouth men were dragged either kicking and screaming or unconscious against their inclination by the Press gang off to fight a war.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 13:10 - Sep 20 with 1013 viewsMarcus_y

York. St. Ives. Shaftesbury. Darwen. Shrewsbury. Whitby. Keswick. To name but a few.
What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 13:17 - Sep 20 with 1010 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 10:53 - Sep 20 by BarnetSaint

1. York
2. Canterbury
3. Salisbury.

Great history, great pubs.

I went to Canterbury last month, it's become a dump, full of drunks in doorways - horrible. Lovely to look at it, but the people ... ugh

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 13:22 - Sep 20 with 1006 viewssaint22

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 10:39 - Sep 20 by Benali_Saint

Winchester for me

I went to winchester before the United game, not been in years, i thought it was pretty shabby in the centre
Also went to bexhill the other week, awful
a lot of beggars & homeless, betting shops, charity shops, sh1te cafes
Just wait til after Brexit hey
What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 13:41 - Sep 20 with 991 viewsBicester_North

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 13:22 - Sep 20 by saint22

I went to winchester before the United game, not been in years, i thought it was pretty shabby in the centre

How do you know the Bexhill cafes were shite Lauren, did you go in them all hey?

And you don’t go to Saints games so don’t talk bollocks

Poll: How proud are you to see our ex players at Liverpool?

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 14:19 - Sep 20 with 967 viewsthis_charming_man

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 13:22 - Sep 20 by saint22

Strange thing to do. The Man U game was a 12.30 kick off. As you live in London seems a strange thing to do to set off earlier so you could have a quick wonder round Winchester before a lunch time kick off. But then you did go to Venice for an hour and New York for a day on business recently so nothing should surprise us.

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 16:53 - Sep 20 with 902 viewsitoldyouso

People were saying Sheffield was good in another thread, is it? Glasgow is good, Bristol, was there last year, I did enjoy it although not the road system in the middle of July

Brighton used to be good but is woke central now.
There are indeed alot of nice towns in the uk usually f**ked up by horrific road systems and lack of parking

Worse place I've been to is Leeds, really was shabby, Southsea in Portsmouth is ok. The council seems to spend time on that bit to the detriment of everywhere else if I am to be honest and grown up about it. I lived in East Kilbride, where you could go to the local arts centre and meet Dee Hepburn, which is nice, but not much else going for it, no wonder the marychain got out as did Roddy Frame. Duglas Hart called it stonehenge with windows and Morrissey called it the most depressing town in the uk...which is saying something coming from him. Its very very grey and dull and all the jobs have gone elsewhere.

Loves saints hates the fascist FLA

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 18:56 - Sep 20 with 851 viewsOccasional_Showers

I get about a lot so probably see more of the country than anyone on here.

In terms of cities i’d go for Bristol, Birmingham and London. Birmingham’s Jewelry quarter is very interesting, particularly https://www.birminghammuseums.org.uk/jewellery aside from that area the city is rubbish though.

As to towns my favourites are Ludlow (good value antiques shops), Haverfordwest (some outstanding Georgian architecture), St Ives

Poll: Greta Thunberg? Your view

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 19:47 - Sep 20 with 825 viewsOccasional_Showers

What are your favourite towns and cities in Britain? on 09:36 - Sep 20 by this_charming_man

“Harrogate is nice”

I’m there on Monday.

Poll: Greta Thunberg? Your view

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019