Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rock N Goal 09:46 - Nov 6 with 599 viewsSaintNick

Interviews rock stars about their football teams

https://audioboom.com/posts/7414074-pete-wylie-the-story-of-the-blues-indie-musi

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Rock N Goal on 13:48 - Nov 6 with 550 viewsdirk_doone

I thought there was going to be some Saints connection but it's only about one Liverpool fan and even he is some 61-year-old nobody I had to Google, who is currently doing a tour of social clubs and church halls. Apparently, he had an album which reached No.28 in the UK charts about 35 years ago. He must have got his family to buy a few copies.

"Legend and Liverpool Football Fanatic - 'Heart As Big As Liverpool'."
[Post edited 6 Nov 17:24]

Poll: Would you like a home 'kop' at St. Mary's directly behind one of the goals?

Rock N Goal on 15:56 - Nov 6 with 489 viewsSaintNick

The link was to Pete Wylie but the site is dedicated to rock stars and their football teams, I didn't realise that linking a site that covers the two most subjects discussed on here could only be done once it had a Saints link.

If you had to google him then you weren't about much in the 1980's

This post has been edited by an administrator

Rock N Goal on 16:37 - Nov 6 with 469 viewsdirk_doone

Even when you Google his group, Wah! another better known group called Wah! comes up and even they weren't famous. It would be difficult to be any more obscure than that.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?safe=off&sxsrf=ACYBGNRRVWw_Mx3dFlAgb41MEy9ghQKel

This musician from Liverpool was a bit more famous:

When asked which side he supported, George Harrison would reply: “There are three teams in Liverpool and I prefer the other one.”

[Post edited 6 Nov 17:02]

Poll: Would you like a home 'kop' at St. Mary's directly behind one of the goals?

Rock N Goal on 18:04 - Nov 6 with 415 viewsKennington

Not rock music, but found that one of the biggest underground djs who has gigs all over the world - Alan Fitzpatrick, is a big saints fan. Good lad.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Rock N Goal on 19:23 - Nov 6 with 370 viewsdirk_doone

Rock N Goal on 18:04 - Nov 6 by Kennington

Not rock music, but found that one of the biggest underground djs who has gigs all over the world - Alan Fitzpatrick, is a big saints fan. Good lad.

Getting back to the original subject of Liverpool FC and pop stars; if, like Gerry & the Pacemakers, the Beatles had been Liverpool fans, this song which came out in 1963, the same year as You'll Never Walk Alone, might well have been the Liverpool anthem. They sang this one first:

Rock N Goal on 11:05 - Nov 7 with 266 viewsSaintNick

Rock N Goal on 16:37 - Nov 6 by dirk_doone

Even when you Google his group, Wah! another better known group called Wah! comes up and even they weren't famous. It would be difficult to be any more obscure than that.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?safe=off&sxsrf=ACYBGNRRVWw_Mx3dFlAgb41MEy9ghQKel

This musician from Liverpool was a bit more famous:

When asked which side he supported, George Harrison would reply: “There are three teams in Liverpool and I prefer the other one.”

[Post edited 6 Nov 17:02]

If you knew anything about music in the 1980's then you would know that Pete Wylie was behind a number of groups that had the name "Wah" presumably the one that you are talking about who had a top 3 hit with Story Of The Blues.

Rock N Goal on 11:13 - Nov 7 with 261 viewsdirk_doone

Rock N Goal on 11:05 - Nov 7 by SaintNick

If you knew anything about music in the 1980's then you would know that Pete Wylie was behind a number of groups that had the name "Wah" presumably the one that you are talking about who had a top 3 hit with Story Of The Blues.

OK, I've given you the benefit of the doubt, Nick, and had another look but none of them are here:

https://top40weekly.com/top-100-artists-of-the-80s/

Would they even be in the top 1000?
Top 10,000?
Top 100,000?

Come on. Own up, Nick. The main thing is he's a Liverpool fan, isn't it?

Next week, you'll be doing great rock stars of the 70s who also happen to be Liverpool fans:

[Post edited 7 Nov 12:05]

Rock N Goal on 13:44 - Nov 7 with 208 viewsSaintNick

Rock N Goal on 11:13 - Nov 7 by dirk_doone

OK, I've given you the benefit of the doubt, Nick, and had another look but none of them are here:

https://top40weekly.com/top-100-artists-of-the-80s/

Would they even be in the top 1000?
Top 10,000?
Top 100,000?

Come on. Own up, Nick. The main thing is he's a Liverpool fan, isn't it?

Next week, you'll be doing great rock stars of the 70s who also happen to be Liverpool fans:

[Post edited 7 Nov 12:05]

I know you are gently goading me Dirk but Im not rising to the bait

Login to get fewer ads

Rock N Goal on 16:20 - Nov 7 with 185 viewsdirk_doone

Rock N Goal on 13:44 - Nov 7 by SaintNick

I know you are gently goading me Dirk but Im not rising to the bait

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019