Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks like Hughes!! 22:55 - Mar 12 with 3943 viewssaintmary5

According to Sky Hughes looks most likely to be next manager.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11700/11287775/

Looks like Hughes!! on 23:02 - Mar 12 with 2728 viewsMatt_Finish

FFS no.

We have had 4 successful managers followed by an iffy frog and an utter cock.

The next appointment has to be spectacular not someone who was so sh1t he got sacked by Stoke

Looks like Hughes!! on 23:02 - Mar 12 with 2728 viewsPatfromPoole

That wouldn’t exactly please saintwizzler.......

on 23:02 - Mar 12 with 2725 views_

Poll: Sundays match v spurs.. Would you rather.....

Looks like Hughes!! on 23:13 - Mar 12 with 2683 viewsdirk_doone

Koeman>Puel>Pellegrino>Hughes. It just keeps getting worse and worse.

Hughes' season so far:
2017–18

Stoke made a poor start to the new season, with Hughes' position coming under intense scrutiny by supporters throughout the season, particularly so after a 5–0 thumping by Chelsea, where Hughes rested several first team regulars to prepare for a home match against Newcastle United, however Stoke also lost this game which resulted in calls for him to be sacked.

By January, Stoke had won only 5 of 22 games, occupying a place in the relegation zone with 20 points. Stoke's poor run of form included a demoralising 3–0 home defeat to West Ham United, where former player Marko Arnautović scored and celebrated in front of the home fans after having been sold in the summer, as well as several heavy defeats to clubs challenging for the top six positions, including a 7–2 away defeat to Manchester City and a 5–1 home defeat to Tottenham Hotspur.

After a 2–1 defeat in the FA Cup to League Two side Coventry City on 6 January 2018, Hughes was sacked. Stoke had the worst defensive record in the Premier League at the time of his sacking, having conceded a total of 47 goals, nine more than West Ham who had the second worst record. This was in spite of several defensive signings being made in the summer of 2017, including the £18 million signing of Kevin Wimmer from Tottenham Hotspur.

"including a 7–2 away defeat to Manchester City."

So, that will be us getting thumped in the final game of the season and going down below Stoke.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2018 23:15]

Poll: Would you like a home 'kop' at St. Mary's directly behind one of the goals?

Looks like Hughes!! on 23:19 - Mar 12 with 2655 viewsthis_charming_man

He's 1/2 on according to skybet!

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: What would you do with a big bid for Hojbjerg?

Looks like Hughes!! on 23:19 - Mar 12 with 2652 viewsPatfromPoole

Sometimes managers just go stale when they stay at a club too long.

Stoke have been a decent side under Hughes. Didn’t he manage to sign 5 Champions League winners there?
Looks like Hughes!! on 23:30 - Mar 12 with 2627 viewsdirk_doone

Looks like Hughes!! on 23:19 - Mar 12 by PatfromPoole

Sometimes managers just go stale when they stay at a club too long.

Stoke have been a decent side under Hughes. Didn’t he manage to sign 5 Champions League winners there?

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-city-mark-hug

Stoke fans have fond memories of him:

Bojan Mackey
All Time Stoke City XI
Hughes in.

Go on, send two clubs down in one season you boring, useless prick.

[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 0:18]

Poll: Would you like a home 'kop' at St. Mary's directly behind one of the goals?

on 00:18 - Mar 13 with 2554 views_

Looks like Hughes!! on 23:30 - Mar 12 by dirk_doone

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-city-mark-hug

Bojan Mackey
All Time Stoke City XI
Hughes in.

Poll: Sundays match v spurs.. Would you rather.....

Login to get fewer ads

Looks like Hughes!! on 00:29 - Mar 13 with 2536 viewsA1079

Please, not Hughes.

Looks like Hughes!! on 00:51 - Mar 13 with 2519 viewspatred

I go back to what I've always maintained, some managers suit a club, and visa versa.
They maybe attrocious at one club, and brilliant at another.
Hughes would not be my first choice, but neither would he be my last choice in the position we find ourselves.
We are in need of a hardman that is not overawed by names. Even stubbornness will be a help in a manager sometimes.
If sparky gets in there and gets some shite like not giving thier all, the player will know all about it from Hughes. He will hold nothing back.
He has about 6-7 weeks to prove himself, and he won't be there to make friends.
We had another manager like that before, and we were in the same position...Nigel Pearson. He saved us by using the same attributes Mark Hughes has. Lets hope Sparky can do the same. He certainly wont be on the sidelines looking like a rabbit in highlights, like Pellegrino. He will be on the case of any player 'giving up'.

But it may take a leap of faith from Reed to employ him, but we need some sort of faith. We cannot meekly stutter and splutter out of the PL as if it didn't matter, I want a fighter leading us.

doing the same thing only results in the same thing
Poll: who will go if Maddison comes in ?

Looks like Hughes!! on 00:59 - Mar 13 with 2509 viewsChesham_Saint

As far as I recall he was shit at QPR too.....

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Looks like Hughes!! on 07:00 - Mar 13 with 2306 viewssaint68

Looks like Hughes!! on 23:30 - Mar 12 by dirk_doone

Bojan Mackey
All Time Stoke City XI
Hughes in.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Looks like Hughes!! on 07:10 - Mar 13 with 2268 viewssaint22

Looks like Hughes!! on 00:51 - Mar 13 by patred

I go back to what I've always maintained, some managers suit a club, and visa versa.
Hughes would not be my first choice, but neither would he be my last choice in the position we find ourselves.
We are in need of a hardman that is not overawed by names. Even stubbornness will be a help in a manager sometimes.
If sparky gets in there and gets some shite like not giving thier all, the player will know all about it from Hughes. He will hold nothing back.
We had another manager like that before, and we were in the same position...Nigel Pearson. He saved us by using the same attributes Mark Hughes has. Lets hope Sparky can do the same. He certainly wont be on the sidelines looking like a rabbit in highlights, like Pellegrino. He will be on the case of any player 'giving up'.

But it may take a leap of faith from Reed to employ him, but we need some sort of faith. We cannot meekly stutter and splutter out of the PL as if it didn't matter, I want a fighter leading us.

Pat I often agree with what you say but I am not sure Hughes is right
We need someone with ambition, someone who knows whats needed this season to survive and has a plan for next and beyond
Has Hughes ever really been a good manager? Played good football, done anything? its a sideways step at best
I know its dream land but Silva or AVB for me

Looks like Hughes!! on 07:13 - Mar 13 with 2257 viewsKennington

If it’s has to be Hughes then so be it. Still buzzing that he’s gone!! Today is a great day for the club.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Looks like Hughes!! on 07:36 - Mar 13 with 2176 viewsTheKraken

I'd prefer Pellegrino than Hughes.

If he hadn't been sacked by now Pellegrino would have gone in the summer. Hughes would still be here if we get relegated. Utter charlatan of a man.
Looks like Hughes!! on 07:45 - Mar 13 with 2146 viewssaintwizzler

Looks like Hughes!! on 23:02 - Mar 12 by PatfromPoole

That wouldn’t exactly please saintwizzler.......

No

Spent a lot of money on players, which we won’t.
Started well at Blackburn and Stoke City.
Man City he spent a fortune, which makes the job a lot easier.

Shît on Fulham after 11 months. Hughes later admitted he made a mistake in leaving Fulham when he did.

Started the rot at QPR which Twitchy Redknapp completed after we got ‘Sparky’ the sack when beating them 3-1.

Unfortunately we will go for a manager out of work as we won’t pay for one.

I would rather go down than have Mark Hughes as manager.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.

Looks like Hughes!! on 07:55 - Mar 13 with 2123 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Hughes record is pretty poor, it won't be him I'm certain.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Looks like Hughes!! on 08:16 - Mar 13 with 2086 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Looks like Hughes!! on 00:51 - Mar 13 by patred

The problem for your club is that in over 130 years you have one found one manager who suited your club.

Tough eh?

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Looks like Hughes!! on 08:27 - Mar 13 with 2056 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Looks like Hughes!! on 08:16 - Mar 13 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

The problem for your club is that in over 130 years you have one found one manager who suited your club.

Tough eh?

0.5/10

Must try harder.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Looks like Hughes!! on 08:35 - Mar 13 with 2037 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Looks like Hughes!! on 08:27 - Mar 13 by Gennaro_Contaldo

0.5/10

Must try harder.

I am being serious here, and the history books back my thoughts up.

Just what have your club got to do, to finally get success!!!

Looks like Hughes!! on 08:35 - Mar 13 with 2035 viewsdirk_doone

Looks like Hughes!! on 07:55 - Mar 13 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Hughes record is pretty poor, it won't be him I'm certain.

That's a relief. I wasn't a fan of Pellegrino but, as Kraken has said, Hughes would be even worse. Just about anyone else, I'd be OK with. My preferences would be Paul Cook, Javier Calleja, Derek Adams or Graham Potter.

What we need now to keep us up is a motivator so having previous experience of managing a Premier League team badly and getting sacked for poor performances, like Hughes or Pardew, is not a characteristic I'd be looking for. Appointing a new manager just because he has previous experience of failing in the Premier League is the mistake that all clubs which change their manager and then get relegated anyway make, the latest example being West Brom.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 9:02]

Looks like Hughes!! on 08:37 - Mar 13 with 2022 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Looks like Hughes!! on 08:35 - Mar 13 by dirk_doone

That's a relief. I wasn't a fan of Pellegrino but, as Kraken has said, Hughes would be even worse. Just about anyone else, I'd be OK with. My preferences would be Paul Cook, Javier Calleja, Derek Adams or Graham Potter.

What we need now to keep us up is a motivator so having previous experience of managing a Premier League team badly and getting sacked for poor performances, like Hughes or Pardew, is not a characteristic I'd be looking for. Appointing a new manager just because he has previous experience of failing in the Premier League is the mistake that all clubs which change their manager and then get relegated anyway make, the latest example being West Brom.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 9:02]

Paul Cook wouldn't be able to operate in such a lacklustre atmosphere, he would implode.

Looks like Hughes!! on 08:41 - Mar 13 with 2011 viewsdirk_doone

Looks like Hughes!! on 08:37 - Mar 13 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Paul Cook wouldn't be able to operate in such a lacklustre atmosphere, he would implode.

Is that why he left you for Wigan?
[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 8:41]

Looks like Hughes!! on 08:43 - Mar 13 with 1995 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Looks like Hughes!! on 08:41 - Mar 13 by dirk_doone

Is that why he left you for Wigan?
[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 8:41]

He left to head back north, and to have the opportunity to spend a bit of money, and not have to bring the youth through.

Two more reasons why he wouldn't suit your club.

Looks like Hughes!! on 08:45 - Mar 13 with 1981 viewsKriSaint

Looks like Hughes!! on 08:27 - Mar 13 by Gennaro_Contaldo

0.5/10

Must try harder.

Having thought on nothing else than who´s going to take over from MoPe since his sacking was announced last night, and after having not slept all night, I have come to think, that we would be best off with Marco Silva or Gordon Strachan.

I thought Hughes did a good job at Blackburn 10-12 years ago.....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2020